You’re making a living teaching Yoga, but the flow of income is like a roller coaster ride.
It is quite common for your income to fluctuate: Studio cancellations, privates going on vacations, and varied class sizes make it hard to count on a stable income. Typically, to stabilize income, many teachers offer more classes.
Trouble is, this can easily lead to burn out. Your daily life gets consumed with class prep, commuting, and keeping odd hours. Your passion for the work can wane.
Many find their social life suffers as they fight off exhaustion and start neglecting their own practice. The cost to contribute to students begins to take its toll.
Building a Complementary Spiritual Coaching Practice Will Allow You To Take Control, Stabilize Your Income, And Inspire Balanced Self-Care In Your Work
The potential: Your students’ current life-challenges and conditioning are amplified and brought to the surface on the mat: Body fixations holding deep emotions are released, critical voices and frustrations emerge, anxiety about trying something new overwhelm, or harsh self-judgments about their performance happen.
You can’t adequately handle these in a 5-minute conversation after class.
After being professionally trained as a spiritual coach, these would be all opportunities to support the student off the mat in an Inner Presence coaching session. Coaching sessions can range from $75-$150 per hour.
You’ll have a means to stabilize and increase your income, and not have to have to exhaust yourself with adding more classes to increase your income. This is a new category of “privates” and can add a deeper value to your “privates” that nobody is doing! You can be the first in your area and distinguish yourself with this powerful modality.
Inner Presence Coaching is a 9-month course that equips Yoga Teachers with the right skills to take their teaching practice to the next level by incorporating a complementary spiritual coaching program.
Beside stabilizing and increasing your income, after completing the 9-Month Inner Presence Coaching program you’ll:
- Be able to make deep and lasting contributions to your Students that are life-changing which means you’ll be fulfilling your purpose to contribute to people’s transformation.
- Create a buzz in your community about this new powerful modality you offer that will make you stand out because you will be giving so much more value to students that other teachers aren’t able to deliver.
- Cultivate more referrals because, once students experience these powerful sessions, they’ll be talking about them with friends both in and outside your Yoga community.
- Experience deep and lasting transformations yourself as a way to support others to experience the same. (You can only go as deep with the students as you have gone with yourself.)
- Experience more inner spaciousness, self-connection, and self-care. (Self-care is often a challenge for those in helping professions.)
- You’ll have more choices and flexibility for generating income and which will renew your passion for helping others.
Here are three reasons why this Inner Presence Program is the ultimate investment in yourself.
- The Math Makes Sense: After taking the 9-month course, if you start seeing just two coaching clients a week at $100 an hour, you’ll be making $800 extra a month…and those 8 hours won’t be taxing on your physical energy. You’ll make back your investment in just a few months. It’s really a no-brainer.
- Your Increased Level of Effectiveness: This program will support you in making deep, life-changing contributions to your students…which as you know, feels amazing! The return on investment of your increased effectiveness is your students become long-time students and refer others to your coaching service and yoga classes.
- Your Own Personal/Spiritual Growth: You’re investing in your own personal/spiritual growth. You simply can’t participate in this program without a major shift in awareness and seeing some long-standing issues being transformed. Hard to put a price tag on the increase in peace, inner spaciousness, and self-compassion. All those gains will be passed on to your students.
An Unprecedented Money-Back Guarantee
This is a serious program design for people who are serious about supporting people in the world in deep ways. We are looking for the brightest lights in the yoga community to join us. We understand this is a considerable investment for some people and others are unsure as to whether they will resonate with program or facilitator. To ease your mind we offer a money back guarantee that is extended through the first day of the program.
Here’s how it works: We start the 9-Month program with a half-day online workshop. After signing up and paying your tuition fees, if you decide this program is not for you after fully attending the first half-day workshop, we will give you a 100% refund, no questions asked. We only want to invest time and energy in people who will resonate with this powerful, transformative work and take it into their communities.
Please read on to see if you have a good chance of being in harmony with the program.
You Will Thrive in This course if YOU…
- Know yoga is more than asanas and is a means for taking you on an inner spiritual journey to meet your true nature.
- Are willing to fearlessly explore and heal your own unresolved pain as a means to experience more openness, clarity, and trust.
- If you want to work with your students on a more comprehensive spiritual level so they can experience flow in their daily life.
- Feel things deeply and at the same time have a sharp mind that loves to learn new out-of-the-box methods and skills.
- Have an unexplained passion and motivation for helping others… as though it was second nature.
- You have a rich inner world and feel comfortable exploring your’s and other’s inner life.
- Want to make sure your support of others is from a spacious neutral position instead of it being subtly ego-driven.
- Want to inspire the highest truth realization in yourself and pass that inspiration on to your students.
- Know the value of embodied transcendence —a transcendence that is grounded in daily life feelings and body sensations versus a transcendence that disassociates from daily life feelings and body sensations. (There’s a richness in embodied transcendence.)
- Get excited about the healing power of pure presence and will actively work to purify your own.
Here’s What’s Included With The 9-Month Inner Presence Program
Half-Day Video Conference To Start The Program
This half-day video conference program will be the official start of the program on Saturday, March 31st, 2018. We will create the safety and bonds needed to make the program effective for everyone. We also explore what is presence, and co-create a working definition we will use throughout the course.
20 Interactive Video Conference Group Learning Sessions
We will come together as a group via video conferencing. Groups sessions last 120 minutes.The specific dates and times will be decided by the group. The time this group spends together will be about teaching the modules, Q & A, and/or demonstrations of Inner Presence work. We will co-create an experiential learning environment that includes activities, exercises, demonstrations, practice coaching, handouts and more. Being an amazing, insightful, Inner Presence coach is all about the quality of feedback and learning you get. The specific dates and times will be decided by the group.
10 Self-Paced Video Training Programs
These video programs will support your theoretical learning. You will subsequently apply what you learned to the experiential components of the program as a way to begin to internalize your learning and skills.
Five 60-Minute Inner Presence Sessions with Jerry
Five 60-minute private coaching sessions with Jerry is a time to support yourself on a deep level. These five sessions will help you experience first-hand effortless transformations in your life! In addition, you will have a feedback session with Jerry (private or in the group) on a coaching session you do with someone outside the group.
18 Structured Partner Practice Sessions With Classmates
In between group sessions, there are structure exercises and practice you can do with a classmate partner. You can immediately apply what you learn in the group teaching which will experientially anchor the information into your skill set.
Highly Personalized Small Group Experience...No Travel Costs Required To Attend!
All the training will be done via video conferencing so there will be no travel expenses. Also, you can travel while taking the course if you have Internet or phone connections. We use a private cloud service that is a better quality than Skype. The program is designed for small group participation so that everyone can get maximum benefit from the course. Exclusive access to private inner presence Facebook group for mutual support and questions as they arise in your daily life and which will be monitored by Jerry.
Inner Presence Coach Certification
Although CEUs are not available for the program, we still offer the potential for you to gain private certification for Level One coaching upon completion of the program. To be certified as Level One Coach, skills, knowledge will be assessed at the end of the program to determine certification.
16 Dynamic Modules Will That Will Support You In Becoming An Amazing Spiritual Coach!
What hidden mindsets do you operate out of when supporting people?
To step efficiently into and learn a new paradigm, it’s useful to become aware of the silent assumptions, hidden expectations and unconscious conditioning that conflict with the new framework. You’ll learn:
- The critical differences between inner presence-based support of students and other systems.
- The essential mindset shifts you must make before you can step into supporting your students’ inner presence.
- How we determine what is an effective means of support.
- What conflict situations can teach us about presence.
- The most common responses helping professionals have with students that can seem beneficial, but upon closer inspection, are not so helpful.
- The most under-utilized and overlooked source of supporting another’s transformation, that’s been right under our noses all along….PRESENCE!
What is presence and how do you know you’re being present?
Your understanding and experience of presence will set the stage for doing effective Inner Presence sessions. In this module, I’ll give you a step-by-step experiential understanding of presence and explain in detail EXACTLY what you need to offer to make the optimal gift of presence to yourself and others. You’ll learn:
- How to work with presence as a dynamic state instead of a static state.
- How to avoid falling into the trap of making presence an ideal state to attain.
- The difference between contrived and uncontrived presence.
- The various referential markers that are indicating presence.
The basics of "seeing without evaluating" for particular inner contexts.
Imagine having a conversation with someone where they are speaking from such a high-level abstractions; there is little or no reference to what they are talking about as it specifically relates to their life. This is how many of us start our inner inquiries. We get trapped using labels before we even start! In this module we’ll learn:
- Why it is essential to make your daily life your meditation cushion.
- The biggest mistake people make when looking within and how to avoid that.
- How to see without using evaluative labels.
How to increase and channel your emotional literacy into deeply supporting yourself and others.
In this module, you will raise your emotional intelligence to the highest possible quotient. You’ll learn how:
- Optimizing your emotional intelligence will allow you to connect more deeply with yourself and others, which means more efficiency in supporting effortless transformations.
- Attuning deeply to what others are feeling (even though they are not expressing feelings directly) will allow you to give others the gift of clarity and deep self-connection.
- Distinguishing between feelings and what are pseudo-feelings, so you don’t make the mistakes most people make when expressing feelings.
- Learning to connect with the emotional centers of the brain is the key to accessing hidden beliefs and constructs that impact our lives in so many ways.
Becoming aware of the hidden desires, wants, and values that operate in your life is the key to effortless transformations.
Many of your needs, wants, desires, and values are tightly held in your body/mind system and operate outside of your conscious awareness of them. The information in this module is the foundation to inspiring effortless transformations when you begin to hold these desire/want/ values lightly (become detached). You’ll learn:
- How to increase your need/want/desire literacy in your own life as a way to connect with yourself and others in deeper, more meaningful ways.
- The truth about the relationship between what you feel and what you need/want/desire.
- How understanding what you desire radically empowers you in any given situation or circumstance.
Presence that includes empathy and compassion is the most powerful connection you can have with another.
In this module, you’ll learn the most effective way of holding compassionate empathetic presence for others. This deep way of being with someone is transformative in and of itself. It will be one of the important building blocks for doing Inner Presence Inquiries. You’ll learn how to:
- Effectively hold compassionate space for another, which allows them to connect powerfully with themselves.
- Clear yourself before being present to another.
- Empathetically reflect back what a person is saying and watch their whole body and disposition transform before your eyes. (It is rare to be heard on such a deep level!)
- Distinguish between Pseudo-empathetic methods you should NEVER use which take the energy and focus away from the other and draws it to yourself.
- Ask the wrong questions can cause the other to disconnect and inspire them to go up into their head.
Using parts terminology will liberate you from the “I” orientation embedded in our language.
What is a part and how do you know a part is emerging in your experience? We tend to be conditioned to think of ourselves regarding a singular “I”. We are going to break up this notion by looking at our experience regarding parts emerging. Just making this shift to perceiving parts has given people so much relief in living under the tyranny of the “I.” You’ll learn why…
- Using parts in describing our experience is liberating.
- It is beneficial to determine what is and is not a part.
- It is essential to know whether you’re identified with a part or not.
- It is important to speak for our parts instead of from our parts.
Categorizing parts of yourself will make it crystal clear what is emerging in your experience.
When you begin to look inside yourself, it can be very confusing. At any given time, there is kind of a stream of thoughts, feelings and body sensations happening. We have been enculturated to believe this stream is our “I,” who we are. In this module, we’ll sort out and tease apart your stream into various parts categories and begin to understand the relational aspects of these parts. You’ll have a robust framework to understand and navigate your inner terrain. You’ll learn how to:
- Hold a high degree of Presence in the face of painful aspects of yourself and not be consumed by these painful parts.
- Hold presence for the parts of you that protect you and keep us safe from painful experiences.
- Practice holding presence for protective parts, which helps you disidentify from these parts as “me, in my entirety.”
- Understand that the parts we don’t like are looking out for our best interests, but doing so in a way where there are huge costs to the bodymind system.
How to bring presence to disowned, exiled or shadow parts which will inspire effortless transformations.
The deeper disowned parts of ourselves hold the keys to transformation. This is a level that people often do not access, yet this is where the potential lies for effortless transformations. The feelings and beliefs of those deeper parts have a dramatic impact on our lives in ways in which we are not aware. It is like they are running our lives from a script on how to be or not be, how to show up, who to associate with, or what careers to choose. In this module, we discuss the foundational knowledge needed to identify and connect with these shadow parts as they emerge. You’ll learn:
- The basics about how disowned parts are formed and why it is essential to learn the important information they hold for us.
- How bringing compassion and empathy to these parts can inspire monumental shifts in our beings.
- How our gifts and passions become casualties of protection from pain, and how connecting to disowned parts is the doorway to integrate these back into our lives.
How working from the widest possible perspective will give you the clarity you need to do life-transforming Inner Presence.
The Inner Presence work operates from a particular viewpoint or perspective. Learning this perspective will serve as an overarching guide when supporting ourselves and others. In this module we’ll learn:
- The labeling mistakes you want to avoid.
- Intimate knowledge of relationships between different part categories will increase your effectiveness in an Inner Presence Session.
- How to cut through the intractable inner loop between two different polarized aspects of yourself.
- Four critical questions to ask about the relationship between our conditioning and presence to arrive at an intention for the Inner Presence work.
How to hold presence and cultivate a particular kind of connection with our inner parts.
When doing inner work, it becomes important to discover who or what is doing the observing of the inner terrain and the type of connection. Recognizing this crucial distinction can make the difference in whether you have a highly effective session or support the client to spin around chasing their tail. You’ll learn:
- Why this critical step is necessary to start an Inner Presence Session.
How to check on the level of identification will save so much time and energy.
- What is an effective connection to internal parts and what prevents us from a useful contact?
- Why spending the time to cultivate a certain quality of connection is the key to going deep.
- How to acknowledge and welcome different parts.
The most effective ways to enter an Inner Presence Session with students
The particular way in which you support a student to enter an inquiry session will hugely impact its effectiveness. You’ll learn:
- How to explain what an Inner Presence Session is to students and familiarize them with the work to increase their comfort level.
- How to have a pre-session conversation to discern the object of the inquiry as well as particular contexts to start a session.
- How to ground the session for both you and the student.
Attuning and attending to the flow of an Inner Presence session.
This module will support facilitators to attend to the flow of a session. It will address how to allow flexibility within a certain structure.
- What are the roles of the Coach and the Student?
- How to create the open-ended space of the Inner Presence session.
- What are effortless transformations and how do they occur in a session.
- How to use invitational language to ensure the Inner Presence session is Student-led.
Working with parts that are concerned about the Inner Presence Session
In the flow of an Inner Presence Session, people often encounter parts that have concerns about the session or about allowing some particular part to emerge. In this module, you will learn specific strategies to use when meeting these parts. You’ll learn:
- The seven most common concerns, and why they must be acknowledged.
- How to turn concerned parts into allies.
- How to negotiate with a protector part.
Using the At-a-Glance Prompt sheet in an Inner Presence Session
This module will review the various prompts on the At-A-Glance sheet. You’ll learn:
- When, and under what circumstances, to use the various prompts on the sheet.
- How to use the sheet to be aware of certain contingencies that arise during a session.
- How to use it as a live reference when doing a session.
Common obstacles to being an effective Coach
This module will explore the common ways an Inner Presence session can go astray from the protocols. You’ll learn:
- The nine common ways a Coach can diminish the effectiveness of a session.
- The nine common ways a Client can diminish the effectiveness of a session.
If You're Still Unsure Whether This Program is For You or Have Questions, Sign Up For A FREE Exploratory Session Below
In this free 30-minute exploratory session, you’ll have an opportunity to ask questions and determine whether our 9-Month Inner Presence Coaching Program is in alignment with your life goals, intentions, and purpose. Rather than a sales pitch, we view it as a meeting of the hearts. Please indicate days and times to connect.